A challenge. to me. from me.
First I have an announcement to make.
I will train for and run the Red Deer Marathon on May 22, 2011. It will be my first.
Ok, now for the challenge. The challenge starts with a 240 and ends with a 215. pounds. 25 pounds. off. me. of. fat. by the marathon.
Here is the plan to beat the challenge: I will report, weekly, to you, how much I have lost or gained, what decisions I made during the week that affected my progress. I will also provide a short snapshot of my week ahead so I know what I am up against and need to look out for.
I will report here and you are encouraged to post in comments, your updates! Additionally, I invite you to email me your personal challenge, that I will post in my weekly update.
Do you want to be a part of it? Comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . Here is my first update: (I am sure they will become more detailed as I figure stuff out)
- I am 240lbs
- I have a tough work week ahead of me, stress and professional challenges will provide the biggest hurdles.
- I will avoid my late night nacho chip treat
- I will run on Monday, Wednesday and Sunday in preparation for the Last Chance Half on Nov 14th.
- I will have a healthy bowl of cereal or Multigrain toasted PB-j for breakfast.
- Suppers will be sensible, with healthy veggies, lean protein and tasty carbs.
- I will spend 1 morning at the gym cross training on the bike or rower and working on core strength.
Until next week.