Pages

Very important disclaimer

Please be advised that the contents of this blog are opinions only (my opinion, the opinions of my family and the opinions of anyone else directly or indirectly involed in this blog). This is not an accredited training blog, nor is it an accredited anything blog. If you (and you) do anything that this blog says, or don't do anything that this site says not to do, and you get injured, sick or killed, you cannot blame me or my family or blame anyone else directly or indirectly involved in this blog. By reading anything on this blog (including this message) you are saying that you are a person who makes thier own choices in life and does not hold the writer of this blog, the writers family or any one else that may be directly or indirectly involved in the production or writing of this blog, responsible for your stupid and irresponsible behaviors, injuries, sicknesses or deaths. With that said, please enjoy my fun blog.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Present Day, Barefoot Update…

Tempo run, Warm up 10mins, 6:30/km, middle 10 mins, 5:15/km, cooldown 10min.

Total 4.7km, 30 minutes:

Feel: Good when going fast, left foot was slapping down a bit, couldn’t adjust to make it quiet, tried a few different postures, knees bent, but couldn’t get the slapping sound to go away, at the end of fast 10, took a 30 second detour onto crushed brick pathway, instantly was smoother with a completely different foot placement. Came back onto paved path and no more slapping. cool.

•Barefoot mileage since June 29th : 40.5km
•VFF mileage since July 7th : 7.3km
•Shoe mileage since SOBF (start of barefoot): 5km (25:30 5k race PR on July 1st)

Barefoot in the news: Kenyan Alice Nawowuna wins bronze in 5000m at IAAF World Junior Championships. http://www.iaaf.org/WJC10/news/kind=108/newsid=57558.html

running product makers, Please sponsor me!

3 comments:

  1. Nice, you used my news update!!!
    I am a virtual blogger,
    Cheers,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly pay attention while running. I personally like the pine needle and roots. Feels great. Look up POSE running. It may help with the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Thanks Kelly! So, have you been researching barefoot?

    Ellorneo... hehe took me a bit to decipher the code. El Lorne O. haha. I have heard Pose, NPR and Chi are all of the same priciples, forefoot et al. I suppose I should read up. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete