Update!! All reports are in! If you didn’t email me, I went and found you! You all did amazing!!!!!
- Andrew Opala
- DarkHorse3010 and then he did another 1omiler!!
- Mark U. completed WELL over 100 miles!!!
- Shelley Didn’t die. I think she wanted to at one point, but she didn’t. This is a pretty incredible race story!
- Paul!! First Barefoot report! a 10 Miler in Calgary!!
- Canadian Runner changed the rules. ok. 18k is allowed.
- Chris K says I owe him an Ipad for his 1k effort, what do you think?
- WalkslikeFox had a great VR! Even some barefoot!
- Diana finished hers! 1/2 in the dark too!
- Emily (EMZ) finished her 1oomile race… wow! This included a 50mile ultra!
- Kelly finished, and then added another 1ok
- Kate did her mile! and it was a mile of HILLLS!
- Tammy C is Done!
- Susan W is Done Too!
- Mariea is Done TOO!
- Adrienne is done! She changed the non rules, but ran a bunch, so Good on’er!
- Kovas kicked Chris’s Arse!!! in that 1k deal they had…
- Happy Dan did 5 1ks.
- Tammy S did her 10k+10k+1k+.1k!
- Staci completed a 100k and 2 1ks!
- Zoe!!! Zoe ran her 1mile. 36 WEEKS Preggers!!! wow…
- Adam N finished his! AND he rode his bike down into the park to say Happy B-day today!!
- OrangeBlossom completed 10miles of her half marathon for lil ol me…
- My Mom finished her 10miles after thanksgiving dinner!!!
- See, you can sign up yesterday and complete today. Candice did!
- Gene finished his too! On the Appalachian trail.
- Anne tested her foot and completed her VR! great!
- BarefootLorena in Mexico completed her 1ok today by running a 5k race!
- Lorne completed less than he planned, but thats ok!
- ShebaJC did 2 10k’s 1 1k and a .1k! Nice job!
- Joanne Finished hers!!
- Alanna had a marathon to finish her race
- I know Silly Girl Running ran her 10k, injured no less
- Zaneta did a super job on hers!
- Barefoot Angie Bee ran in Grand Rapids!
- C2Iowa ran 10k
- Heather had a great day! she saw a deer with a car seat in its antlers.
- One Crazy Penguin ran a Half marathon!
- Jill took care of business too!!
- Darlene Ran hers!
- RJ got in under the wire!
- Barefoot Fresca ran hers at the NYC barefoot run… Stilll SOOOOO jealous.
- Glaven Q. (warning as always, PG27 language) Video from his report. Seriously, if you don’t like cursing and stuff, don’t read. Video is ok! no cursing there.
You are still MORE than welcome to play, up to and including Oct 10!! Sign up below!!!
OK. so I figured out what I can do to make my 10.10.10 birthday extra special this year. You ready for this? I am. You are officially invited to race in the:
First annual *10-10* Virtual Race!
This years version is extra special as it falls on my birthday which happens to be on the awesome date of 10.10.10. This page is the official race page, and it is linked over on the left side for easy access when you want to check it out as the race goes on.
Ok the rules.
- You must sign up in the comments below, just a quick “I’m in”, so I can list you in the participants section of this page. If you have a blog then make sure it is shown or linked in your comment name so I can give you proper credit on your race report.
- Between now and including Oct 10th, 2010 (10.10.10.), run any of the following distance
- 10 km
- 10 miles
- 1.0 km
- 1.0 miles
- 100 km
- 100 miles
- This run can be part of a race, or a training run, or a combination of a few runs, as long as the distance equals the distance you sign up for.
- You cannot change your distance unless you want to. And changes can only be made up to 12 times, and only up to Oct 10th.
- You MUST post a race report in comments (for those without blogs) on this page or provide a link in comments on this page to your race report on your blog.
- Funny or witty or snarky or tear jerking reports will garner you all kinds of extra mojo or zen (whichever you need at the moment), so you can sleep better at night. It’s the least I can do for you!
I will provide real time updates in my ongoing blog and cross-blog smack-talk is highly encouraged.
I have started to beg for prizes from my local supporters and I will continue to solicit
my body shops and stores for additional prizes so this race is a big deal. For a teaser, my Fav coffee establishment The Good Earth Coffeehouse here in my neighbourhood is putting together a nice shippable package of coffee and coffee swag. The Cool Kids Run Club is also putting up a couple of their famous Tech Shirts as prizes as well. And if you read this CheeCha Snax, I am calling you tomorrow for a package of prize swag too! If you kind readers and commenter's and especially you blog giveaway vendors want to be a part of the awesomeness, feel free to contribute to nzeller at shaw dot ca.
Pass the word on this to your network of Cool Kids, friends and followers!
Prizing is as follows:
My son will pick entered names out of a hat in a really cute and aw shucks inspiring way. This will be video taped and posted on this blog on Oct 11th after I wake up from my turkey induced coma. (It’s Canadian thanksgiving that weekend, yum). The boy will pick names out of the hat until there are no more prizes or no more names. If the latter is the case, all names will go back into the hat and we will start over. This actually happened at our Real Life race in June.
This is the official Race Tag, that you can display on your blog sidebar, that will link your readers back to this page. After the race you can take it down and wait with baited breath until the 2011 edition is available for display!
Thanks alot for playing along, this should be fun!
(update Sept 18) Hey, if you are here reading this, you might as well sign up! No experience necessary, just get out and complete a single Km! your pace, whatever! Get on it!
*10-10* Participants so far. Make sure you put the tag in a post or on your sidebar. Just right click and copy or save, and then plop it into your blog.!
- 33 Weeks pregnant Zoe is in for 1k
- Anne signed up for 10k
- Heisenberg will run 10k
- Andrew O wants to run 10k with bacon fat
- OMgosh EMZ is going to do 100?
- Adam N is going to do 100k in a Tutu
- That’s right, Lorne said he is doing 100miles
- Adrienne is going to run 62.138 miles
- Smart bloggy runner Alanna will do 100k
- Kotoula01 is running 10k x 2 :)
- Chris K is in for a click. because I made him do it.
- Look out Gene is running a 100 miles!
- What? Kelly is going to run a 10k AND a 10mile? wow.
- After an internal debate, Zaneta is IN! 10k for her!
- Susan W is ready for multiples of 10k! It’s a cool new event just added to the race!
- Kovas will complete the 1k and hopes to beat a recovering Chris K
- Darlene is running two 5k’s. for you mercans that equals 10k. or 6.2138 miles.
- Marc U thinks this is a great idea, and is in for 100miles. Also check out the really cool Training Log site he uses!
- Sweet! My Mom is in for 10 miles (16.09344kms)! Go Nan!!! This is a challenge to all other Grandmas!! Get out there! (You can walk the miles too!)
- OrangeBlossom is going to run the first 10miles of her half for us! Nice!
- Jamoosh is in.. no wait… Yep! yep, he’s in!
- Kate’s in for a mile, probably more, but for sure a mile!
- Shelley is going to do 10 miles, and if she dies, I'm supposed to give her prize to bossy Kate above.
- My New BFF Joanne is going to run the 100 mile distance three times and the 10 mile distance 5 times for a total of 350 miles. She wonders if that’s allowed? Yes. Love it! wow.
- Barefoot Fresca is just Bragging now. She running her mile as part of the First Annual New York barefoot Run. I’m pretty jealous.
- Staci says: I'm in for 100km made up as a combination of trail runs and short and long training runs. (Cool bit of the day? Staci is from South Africa!)
- Ok, so Silly Girl Running, will complete 10k! And she is from , wait for it… The Netherlands!
- HappyDan is running… er…. I’m not actually sure what he is running.
- WalksLikeFox is doing a couple 5ks for a 10k! Woot! AND she’s from England!
- I am Counting Barefoot Angie Bee in!!
- Darkhorse will run 10k on his treadmill! It’s allowed!
- One Crazy Penguin is going to do a 10k, because she can?!
- C2Iowa is going to run a 10k or a 10mile. The choice is yours! whatever you want!
- Tammy S will do a 10 km + 10 km + 1 km for good measure!
- RBR isn’t into Contests, but she is going to run one for me (and her BFF) anyway. No prizes for her, that is better for you!
- Heather is in for 10mi!
- Canadian Runner will beat Heather! Because she is doing 10k!
- Barefoot Paul from Calgary will do 10 miles: a new barefoot PR if all works out. Do or die (ed note: hope it’s not die, if so, Kate gets his prizes)
- ShebaJC is going to run 2 10ks and a 1k on the 1oth!
- Barefoot Lorena has entered! She is From Mexico!! Muy Rapido, I am sure! 5k in training, 5k in her first 5k Race on 10-10-10!
- Diana ran the 5k of her 10k, in the dark!!
- RJ will do 10miles this weekend! Still time for Late Entries
- Tracy H is going to run 1 10k and 5 1ks by Sunday!!!
- Candice is going to do a last minute 1k!
- Jill is in for 2- 1ks! Right on!
Prize list (so far). All items are shippable anywhere in US or Canada!
- Cool Kids Run Club tech shirt
- Cool Kids Run Club tech shirt
- Good Earth Coffeehouse Coffee and Coffee Swag pak
- CheeCha Snax, Snack and Swag pak
- CheeCha Snax, Snack and Swag pak
- Ryders Eyewear – Hex Running Sunglasses!
- Awesome vest for the ladies. Size small, technical golf vest.
- Bondi Band!! I love these things!! Dudes, Chicks, kids, pets, and assorted other uses! These work really well!
- Thomas sent me an email, letting me know he is donating the following prizes! Thanks a million! Make sure to go over to his blog and have a look around. He has some of the most interesting scientific running information, plus a good number of ultra run posts to enjoy. He also has a regular supply of giveaways! Go Follow Him!
Here is what he is so kindly donating.
- Brooks "Run Happy" goodie bag + water bottle + T-shirt
- Amphiphod handheld water bottle
- CR hat
- RoadID is donating a $21.50 e-giftcard! Sweet! This is the perfect amount for a wrist or Ankle ID including shipping!
- SPIBELT! Dual pocket sport belt with Race Bib toggles. Have you seen these belts? very cool!
- a Pair of Yurbuds !!! From what I hear, there is nothing like these for secure, comfortable earphones on the run!
- And a couple more!