I am not a girl. But a boy has to primp once in a while. Doesn't he? Well I did anyway, because the fine folks at Barefoot Venus sent me some samples of their girly products.
Here are a few things that I like, that may surprise you.
- Fine cookware
- Pinot Grigio
- baroque music
- hot baths with Epsom salts
- good chapstick
- Loose Leaf Vanilla Bean Tea
And here is a little nuance about me that may surprise you too.
- When I pass someone in a mall or walmart, I hold my breath until they are long gone because I can’t stand smelling other people. Does that make me a bad person?
Now, you can add Mustard Bath to the list of things I like (and smells I like). I had no idea what to expect, but with the incredibly cold weather we are experiencing, and my crazy hours I am keeping, I was actually looking forward to an invigorating mustard bath.
I got the bath running. I have only used the tub in recent months for ice baths, so this was weird to use the hot tap! (do you like my bath pillow?)
I dropped in the sample of the Mustard Bath, thinking it was going to smell like those mustard compresses that my mom used to put on my chest when I had a cold. You can imaging that I was pleasantly surprised to smell Eucalyptus. Mmmmm. That is goood stuff.
It sure turned the color of the water. Kinda gross looking, but knowing what it was, I was ok.
I was looking forward to this. I was pretty stoked to find the current issue of
True Lies Runners World in the mail today, so I was set!
My first impressions of the bath revolved around the smell. It was fantastic. Simply, It relaxed me right away. Once in the tub, I noticed a bunch of floatie bits in the tub, so that has to be a good thing right? It means it’s made with good products, right? right?
Anyway. I spent about a 1/2 hour in there, and once I was done, I was feeling very calm, relaxed and rejuvenated. It’s pretty hard for me to tell you what it did for my skin, as it is supposed to remove toxins etc, but I am pretty sure it is going to take quite a few more baths to even make a dent in my Toxin count. I can say, it was nice. It was really nice. I am affected my aromas, and if they are nice aromas, the whole experience is a win.
Now, after all that, do you WANT SOME?
I have new and unopened tin for a lucky reader! Yeah! Barefoot Venus sent me a bunch of stuff to try, as well as this
sexy fancy tin!
You can click these pics to see the tin descriptions better.
This contest is open to Canada and A-merca. If you are from elsewhere, you are more than welcome to enter, you will be responsible for the shipping if you win tho (pre-paid by paypal to me). This contest will close on Nov 28th.
Ok, here are the entry qualification requirements.
- Follow Neil’s Blog. You hafta do this one. Tell me in comments that you do, or you did. +1 Entry
- Tell a friend (who doesn’t already follow Neil’s Blog) to Follow Neil’s Blog and enter this contest. If that friend (is it REALLY your friend?) follows Neil’s blog then comments that they now follow and YOU told them to come here, they get +1 Entry, but YOU get +3 Entries!! Get it? good.
- Go shopping at Barefoot Venus and tell me what tickles your fancy? +1 entry
- Follow Me on Facebook and/or Twitter +1 Entry for each, separate comment for each
- Follow Barefoot Venus on Facebook , +1 Entry
- What movie do you ALWAYS cry when watching +1 Entry (mine is Mr Hollands Opus, right at the end)
- Advertise this contest on your twitter, Facebook, blog, +1 entry each…