Pages

Very important disclaimer

Please be advised that the contents of this blog are opinions only (my opinion, the opinions of my family and the opinions of anyone else directly or indirectly involed in this blog). This is not an accredited training blog, nor is it an accredited anything blog. If you (and you) do anything that this blog says, or don't do anything that this site says not to do, and you get injured, sick or killed, you cannot blame me or my family or blame anyone else directly or indirectly involved in this blog. By reading anything on this blog (including this message) you are saying that you are a person who makes thier own choices in life and does not hold the writer of this blog, the writers family or any one else that may be directly or indirectly involved in the production or writing of this blog, responsible for your stupid and irresponsible behaviors, injuries, sicknesses or deaths. With that said, please enjoy my fun blog.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Workout…

I thought It was going to suck, running BF with the stone bruise from the spray park, and while it was an annoyance, I still enjoyed my run tonight. 4.5k in about 30 minutes. I worked on shorter strides and lifting off instead of pushing off and it seemed to help. The hotspot on my right big toe did develop a blister, but there were no hotspots anywhere else. Also, I felt like the tightness in my interior and superior extensor retinaculums was non existence this run so I think a bit of an improvement is evident.

The pathways were pretty busy tonight so there were a lot of people looking down their noses as I approached them, looking at my bare feet. It’s pretty funny, I'm not sure how I should respond. For now it’ll just be “What the F&*k are YOU looking at!!! Jackass!

4 comments:

  1. "WTF are you looking at, Jackass!" is a good response in most social situations, I've found.

    It's pretty all-purpose. I use it at family reunions and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, you are doing great.
    I am still around 2-4K for my barefoot runs. I find it is OK to keep running with the toe blisters, because they are very good at reminding me not push off.
    I have only got positive comments from people like, "Wow, that's impressive!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks AC! that's great advice!

    Like the blind leading the blind...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ac wins the thread!

    I think it's not a bad idea to continue running with non-serious injuries, so long as you pay attention, for the reason he said.

    As far as looks go, people kind of have to look down their noses, given the location of your feet. They might not be judging you so much as wanting to look without looking like they're looking.

    ReplyDelete