Part 1: Ok, you all know I LOVE my GU, right? Do you know why I love my GU? No? Well then, I'll tell you.
because it works. every time. When I head out on a long run, I don’t have to think about my energy needs, as I always have a pack or two of GU Gels or Chomps in my tote. I really can’t say enough about the little pack of go-gel, it has sort of become my security blanket.
Here is how I use my GU:
- Any runs from 5k to 10k, I take along a GU with me, and If I feel the need, I GU. Sometimes at the start.
- Any runs from 10-15k, I GU at least once, at the 40 minute mark, and depending on the type of run, maybe a second GU at the 1:20 mark
- Any runs over 15k, I GU 15 minutes before the run, then every 40 minutes from the start of the race.
In my experience it takes about 6-8 minutes for me to feel the affects. Maybe it’s a placebo effect, but who cares if it keeps me running, right?
My tip regarding the end of a race is, if I have a GU scheduled on my 40 minute plan, but I only have 3 or less Km’s to go, I GU anyway. I have experienced the results both ways, and I will always GU on schedule based on a couple of really dramatic drops in energy I experienced with 1k to go in a couple important races.
I like Chomps too, However Gels are my Go-To goodness when racing and training. I have actually used Chomps for other kinds of workouts like Hiking and regular gym type workouts (less messy when I can take my time eating them). Additionally, I drink GU2O when I carry fluids for runs over 1.5hrs. Anything less and I just carry water.
The winner of this contest will get a big pile of GU!
Because they are cool, and they work. If I leave my HEX Ryders at home by accident, my day is pretty much shot. One of my biggest reasons to get my eyes lasered 2 years ago was to be able to wear Sunglasses. I had tried Oakleys, Bolles and various other brands, but when I received my Hex’s, I knew I was done looking. I always thought you needed to buy really expensive sunglasses to a: be cool and b: be comfortable and c: protect me from the sun harmful rays. Nope, wrong. for 40 bucks, I get as good a pair of sunglasses that I have owned. (Including my Irridium Blades from 1989).
The winner of this contest will also get a pair of Ryder Hex Sunglasses!
Part 3: You all know I love my Road ID, right? Do you know why I love my Road ID? No? Well I’ll tell you.
Because it is the single item I can put on my persons that give me the most peace of mind. I mean, I could carry my licence, but that doesn’t give any of the info that responders need RIGH NOW if I drop.
I wear my ankle ID everywhere I go, that I am working out or running. Spend the money, order yours today. It’s the one Item I carry with me everywhere I go. DO IT. (you have been font-shouted, so now you are obligated.
The winner of this contest ALSO gets a certificate for your very own Road ID.
Part 4: You all know I LOVE socks, right? Really, you didn’t know that? I thought I told you that. um, what’s that? yeah, I know I go barefoot. But I can still love socks can’t I? I’ll have you know that the thing I miss most since I started barefooting, is a good fitting pair of socks. It’s true. I was a Sock snob when I wore shoes. You know, I had to have socks that were left and right specific. I did! the best ones were the ones that sort of ‘snapped’ into place they were fitted so well. Well, these are pretty nice, and they can be yours!
The Winner of this contest ALSO gets a pair of Road ID socks.
You all know I LOVE having you enter my contests, right? Yes? Thought so. Here’s how.
Do this first one or none of the others count - Follow me, Officially, over there on the left <----. See? If not, scroll up or down, you’ll find it. Click on Follow me! Leave a comment that you did, or you already do.
Ok the rest of the entry opportunities are as follows
- Follow Road ID, GU Energy Labs and Ryders Eyewear on Facebook – 1 comment each, 1 entry each
- Follow Road ID and GU Energy Labs on Twitter - 1 comment each, 1 entry each
- Go to Road ID and tell my what you would buy with your winnings – 1 comment, 1 entry
- Go to GU Energy Labs and tell me what is one of the new flavors for 2011 – 1 comment, 1 entry
- Go to Ryders Eyewear and tell me the name of 1 of the 3 Ryder sponsored RUNNING athletes – 1 comment, 1 entry
- Follow me on Facebook – 1 comment, 1 entry
- Follow me on Twitter – 1 comment, 1 entry
- Tweet this contest – 1 comment, 1 entry
Road ID, GU, Ryders and Road ID… You can win it all! http://nblo.gs/d3O8L @NeilZee
9. Tell everyone you know online about this contest, 1 comment for each way, 1 entry for each way
Contest runs until Jan 25th!
Oh yeah, do separate comments too, Like Angie Bee did as shown below. Then I don’t have to guess how many entries you do or don’t have. If you put all your answers in one comment, I’ll take 1 entry away from you and give one to everyone else. So there.